Monday, February 18, 2013

FEAR Is More Than A Four Letter Word

This is the first post for the new revamping and I hope it helps ease your mind :)  

It is Mind Monday and I'm touching base on something that we all have FEAR!  What is Fear?  Well according to the definition it only a little noun that seems to be an unpleasant emotion caused by belief.  Now if you ask people on the street what fear is they would say a verb that makes you sweat, have nightmares, lash out, and cause all things to fall apart.

I myself have suffered from fear over the years that has caused me to hold back, not go for the dreams that I have had for what seems like since childhood.  I have worked off this judgmental beast and want to share with you what I tripped over, was reminded of, and searched for to help release my fear :)

Buddha stated that "When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear"






This is the quote that set me on a search!!!  I found meditation and mantras helped me to find this tranquil state.

I have used this meditation for years for many different things.  I first learned this one as a karmic release meditation but I have adapted the visualization for it to help ease my mind in many areas of my life.  The meditation is called:

Purple Flame Meditation

The following is what you will say while you are visualizing yourself sitting in a purple flame

"I am the purple fire, I am the purity God desires"





When i was taught this one I was in a very fearful place and would perform the meditation morning and night and repeat the phrase 50 times but that is because I tend to "go big or go home" LOL  I will leave it up to you to perform this as much or as little as you feel comfortable doing. 

Now I also make sure that whenever I release the negative I reinforce the positive!!!!  My Sifu was very big on this because you never just leave a hole when you can fill it with something AWESOME!!  I usually go down the route of mantras because they are short, sweet and to the point :)  The following is an easy one that covers everything:

"Om Shanti Shanti Shanti"

Om - This syllable is the whole world

Shanti Shanti Shanti - threefold peace in body, speech and mind

I hope this post sends you on your own path to finding peace in your life!






No comments:

Post a Comment