Monday, March 11, 2013

Meditation Monday - All About Visualization



Happy Monday you lovely people :)  Sorry about last week, I ended up getting a nasty little stomach bug that pretty much took me out.  But YAY, I'm back!

So it is Meditation Monday and that means another little technique to use.  Today we are going to look at visualization and the chakras.  As a Reiki Master, I work with the chakras all the time.  I actually clear mine in the morning and the evening.  The evening clearing dumps all the energy that was absorbed during the day and the morning clearing is to get rid of the energy from dreams.  It is a really good habit to get into, the clearer your chakras the easier it becomes to process everyday happenings.

Here is a little reference for the chakras:

Root Chakra

It is located at the base of your spine (tailbone), I always remember this one by thinking if we could plant roots this is where they would come from LOL.  The color is red and it represents our foundation, everything that we need to survive.

Sacral Chakra

It is located about 2 inches below our naval (for those that know your anatomy, where our reproductive organs are).  The color is orange and is all about our pleasure and sexuality.  Makes sense :)

Solor Plexus Charkra

Also called the naval Chakra because of its location, right above the naval.  The color is yellow and represents our will. So anything that deals with self" self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem/

Heart Chakra

My favorite  ball of energy to work with (for those of you that know me), location is in the middle of the chest right above our heart.  The color is green and it aids us with our compassion, inner peace, harmonious relationships (not just love relationship's but all relationships)

Throat Chakra

Located right there in the throat.  The color is light blue and deals with all of our communications both with ourselves and with others.  True story: I needed to tell my mom something when I was younger and it was very important and I ended up getting sick and loosing my voice.

Third Eye Chakra

located right smack in the middle of your eyes, color is blue and it keeps you on your path.  Gives you the ability to see the "Big Picture", follow your intuition, wisdom to make decisions.  The most publicized chakra for sure!!!

Crown Chakra

This powerhouse is located at the very top of your head and is represented by the color purple and connects us with our spirituality, pure bliss, our connection with others (world)

Now here is your meditation.  Its as easy one I used when I first started down the path.  I needed all the easy ones I could get since I was very much - oh nice , peace, clearing, SQUIRREL!!!!!!!! not the best road to take for clearing LOL

You are going to work with each of your chakras.  You are going to run through each chakra and perform a visualization.  Picture a lotus flower blooming in each.

Example:

Root: visualize the lotus blooming in the color of the chakra: red lotus

Now just move up the body :)  When the lotus blooms you are cleared.

Enjoy your peace and be mindful of your practice!  And again enjoy your path!!





No comments:

Post a Comment